Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dips and Spreads: Tangy Veggie Bean Dip


My mother shared this recipe with me (one of which she stole from a friend) is now one of my favorite dips to dive white corn chips into when I'm watching the pregame show on ESPN. This recipe takes about 10 minutes of prep time (dicing up some veggies) and absolutely no baking time. Aka: piece of cake and a staple dip when you are "volunteered" last minute to bring an appetizer.

Ingredients:

- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 oz of diced pimientos
- 30 oz of black-eyed peas (unsalted, without bacon)
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 small bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup of diced green onion
- 3/4 cup of Italian dressing (light dressing is an acceptable alternative)

Directions:

- Dice bell peppers and green onion into bites no larger than your pinky fingernail.
- Chop 1 handful of cilantro and flat leaf parley leaves (discard stems).
- Drain pimientos and black-eyed peas.
- Mix all ingredients into large mixing bowl. Chill for 20 minutes prior to serving.

This is super easy and quick to make. Let me know how you like it!
Keep an eye out for my next post for a killer guacamole dip recipe!

3 comments:

Justin W said...

Bacon would be great in this!

Melissa Brinley said...

Ahh you're right. I'll definitely try it next time I make it, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Yes some meat would be good in this veggies just gont do it for me