Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Quarter Break: Fresh Salads Made Simple

Okay, your tailgate is coming along but everyone is still walking around and talking and grabbing bites of food here and there. To move your tailgate along from the dips into the next stop on the menu, serving salads make a great segue.

With that being said, this week's recipes and discussions will be all about salads and the many possibilities they present. Salads can be extremely healthy as well as flavorful so f
eel free to break away from the classic Caesar or pre-mixed salads you can buy in the grocery stores. Get creative and make you own--your friends at your tailgate will appreciate it and so will your taste buds.

I know a few of my friends hate green salads, so offer up a few salads that don't have a lettuce or spinach base as an ingredient to liven things up. Many salads I will provide recipes for will not be your traditional green salads, but I will include a couple that are out of the ordinary as an idea for your tailgate menu. I hope you guys are as excited as I am about this week!

1 comment:

Fun and Frugal Wedding Centerpieces said...

I love salads! My mom makes an awesome orange cream fruit salad.