Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Getting Saucy: Alfredo

I love to make my own sauces for several meals, but especially pastas. There's just some canny aftertaste or something of sauces you buy from the grocery store and let me break the news to you--you can make your own without the headache. 

Here's a recipe of Alfredo sauce my grandmother shared with me from one of her favorite cookbooks, "Cooking with Vestal and Friends." Who the heck is Vestal, you may be wondering? Vestal was a member of a gospel singing group my grandmother really enjoyed. She even managed to get all of her cookbooks of Vestal and Friends signed by Vestal herself! My grandmother always had a knack for meeting people and winning contests...maybe I get that from her :)


And for the recipe:

Ingredients: 
  1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  1 pint of heavy cream
  1/4 cup blue cheese
  1/2 stick butter
  dash of white pepper, to taste

Directions: 
  Melt butter, then melt blue cheese. Add heavy cream and white pepper. Let boil and then add Parmesan cheese. Pour over your favorite noodles...may I suggest some fettuccini :)

No comments: