Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 4th weekend: EASY red, white & blue cookies

This recipe can be mixed and matched with any flavor, and is a super easy and quick way to have some creative cookies. You start with a box of cake mix from the grocery store. Yes, any flavor works with this cooking baking method. In this case, I chose red velvet in honor of Independence Day. 

Next, you take the cake mix, 3 eggs and 1/3 Cup of oil (vegetable oil preferred) and mix in a bowl. After all the lumps are worked out into a smooth mixture, use a cookie scooper to place a ball about 2 inches from each other. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. More if you like them crunchy and less if you like them gooey. 

Super easy, right? I can't tell you how many times I've had to make cookies last minute for something and used a cake mix as the cookie. Probably not what Martha Stewart does when she attends parties, but hey, I do what I can. 

I served these red velvet delights with some cream cheese icing sprinkled with some blue sugar. America, America! You've never tasted so good. 

 

No comments: