Baconfest 2011 will be held Sept. 16-17 and tickets are currently available for purchase. The events include:
* Swine and Dine Dinner, 7 p.m. Sept. 16 at John Black Photography Studio. Meal prepared by James Beard Award winning chef Sean Brock, executive chef of Husk and McCrady's, both of Charleston, S.C., and Joseph Lenn, executive chef of Blackberry Farm. Cost is $150 per person.
* Baking with bacon at Magpies, 846 N. Central Street., 12:30 p.m. Sept. 17. Learn to incorporate bacon into your baking creations. Magpie bakers will demonstrate how to prepare blueberry buckwheat bacon with maple buttercream cupcake and bacon shortbread. Cost is $20 per person.
* Smokehouse discussion, 2 p.m. Sept. 17 at the Glowing Body, 711 Irwin Street. Learn about all things smoke from sourcing, traditions and methods from Allan Benton of Benton's Smoky Mountain Country Hams, Jennifer Nicely of Riverplains Farm and Tracey Monday of Laurel Creek Farm. Cost is $15 per person.
* Bacon bits, 5 p.m. Sept. 17 at Ijams Nature Center, 2915 Island Home Ave. Enter your favorite bacon dish and enjoy a picnic dinner prepared by Rita Cochran. Cost is $25 for picnic and entry in bacon contest. Additional ticket prices are available.
* Baconfest bar food and corsair artisan distillery, 7 p.m. Sept. 17 at Public House, 212 W. Magnolia Avenue. An evening to celebrate Baconfest's culinary guests. Small plates and a special evening of spirits from Corsair Artisan Distillery will be served. $75 per person.
For additional information or to purchase tickets, including VIP and weekend packages visit www.knoxbaconfest.com. TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW, SO GET YOURS!