Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's football time...

in Tennessee! and everywhere else in the country, but that's not what John Ward said ;) 


This wonderful Labor Day weekend will be spent finally finishing and publishing the SEVERAL blog drafts I have accumulated over the past few months (of course while watching football!). So if you're a follower, I apologize for all the emails that will soon be blowing up your inbox ;)

Some of you may know a bit about the history of this blog, but if you don't, here's a briefing. While studying at the University of Tennessee, I took a managing media web sites class. In the class, we were encouraged to have a blog to supplement a news story assignment. Our professor was wicked cool and let us choose our own topics, as we would be researching and working with them all semester. I knew mine had to be food related to keep my attention that long, and it was a fall semester course...so my mind jumped to tailgating because I love football. So how did I turn that into an assignment piece? A news (ish) story about tailgating recipes and ideas. 

To commemorate the season, and the whole reason why I started this blog in the first place, I wanted to re-share this with you guys: Tailgating recipes revamped
The completed news story for the Tennessee Journalist, published in fall 2009. Thankfully, tailgating hasn't evolved too much. Happy eating, and I'll have some more tailgating ideas for you throughout this football season. 


For the record: I'm a Tennessee Volunteer for life and an avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

No comments: