Monday, April 2, 2012

Lemon Blueberry Muffins

So I did a bit of experimenting with my favorite flavor profile in muffin: lemon blueberry.

I made some my traditional way:

Then I made some with a homemade blueberry compote on top:
 
And finally some with the compote swirled throughout the muffin:


You be the judge on which is best! Here is my basic muffin recipe:

Ingredients:
3/4 C. granulated sugar
1/3 C. veggie or canola oil
3 T. melted butter
2 large eggs
1/3 C. buttermilk
1 T. vanilla
1 1/2 C. self-rising flour
1 1/2 C. blueberries
Juice and zest of two lemons
2 T. raw sugar


Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Whisk sugar, oil, melted butter til smooth and fluffy. Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla to mixture, whisk together. Fold flour into mixture until all flour is moistened and batter incorporated. Add juice and zest of two lemons, fold in blueberries until evenly incorporated. Sprinkle raw sugar over top of muffins as desired. 



No comments: