Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 3: Paleo Project

When I woke up, I reminded myself of what I learned yesterday: even though it looks like a lot of fruits and veggies, it doesn't feel like a lot to your belly and if you don't eat enough, you'll be hungry in an hour. 

In an attempt to start the day off right as far as portions go, I decided to take a fruit salad to work for brunch. I sliced a whole banana, five strawberries, tossed a handful of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries in there and off I went. It was very tasty, and it kept me full til I got off from my morning shift, which was an improvement from yesterday!

I came home for lunch and had four pieces of roast beef and an apple with almond butter. I am growing to be quite fond of almond butter, so it may seem. I haven't mustered the courage to try my unsweetened almond milk by it self tho. For now, that is still a smoothie ingredient, and only such.  

I was smarter today than yesterday, as I prepared a larger dinner to take back to work. I sliced a cucumber, carrots, grape tomatoes, salami and celery and tossed them in the only Italian dressing I could find that is Paleo--Chiavetta's. My Yankee boyfriend who grew up in Upstate New York introduced me, and I fell in love. I will definitely be buying more when I fly to Buffalo later this month! I wish North Carolina sold it in stores...Oh well.
Tonight I also snapped a teaser picture to share:  

Let me be the first to tell you, when I opened my little container of this delicious goodness at work I had forks dipping in left and right people were so jealous of my dinner. Paleo or not, everyone would love this little salad. It's actually a take on a pasta salad, except without the pasta or cheddar cheese! 

As far as how I'm feeling, I'm having trouble kicking the caffeine headache. I guess the detox period affects people differently, but so far I'm just tired and have a headache. Maybe my coworkers or boyfriend would say I may be experiencing a bit of irritability as a symptom as well? Haha who knows. My hunger was more under control today, so that's improvement. I'm also noticing that I'm more thirsty during the day, and as a result, have to urinate more often than usual. Part of the process of cleaning my system? We'll see if these symptoms continue throughout the week. 

THREE DAYS OF SUCCESS :)  

On to tomorrow...


No comments: