Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 4: Paleo Project

I got a fantastic night's sleep, and found it was easier to wake up and get out of bed today. Great start, so I decided to treat myself to some egg scrambles. I added some sliced mushrooms, spinach and grape tomatoes. It was good, but I REALLY didn't like having eggs without cheese in them. If my mother is reading this, she's probably laughing because I put cheese in my eggs to the point where it looks like my eggs aren't cooked because there's so much melted cheese. Okay on to something else before I wish my arm to turn into a wedge of cheddar...

I went to work with a glass of orange juice in hand. I brought a can of peaches in water as a snack, and I was glad I did. I'm finding my body needs a mid-morning and a mid-afternoon snack between meals now that I'm on Paleo. I'm not sure if it's because my body is burning the energy faster because my food is easier to break down? or if I'm just experiencing some of the popular side-effects of the dreaded detox period of Paleo. We'll see if it continues. 

After work, I went home to hang out with my dog, Lilli, and fix a salad. Today was a spinach salad with shredded carrots, avocado, grilled chicken and Chiavetta's. I LOVE avocado, especially on my salads. On my break, I also prepared dinner to take back to work. Ground lean sausage, mixed with roasted mushrooms, red and green peppers and grape tomatoes. I packaged my dinner up and back to work I went. 

However, I was so busy for my afternoon shift, I wasn't able to even enjoy my dinner! Thankfully, a fruit salad was also on hand and I snacked on sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and a sliced banana. I was too busy to even think about being tired, so I don't have an update on my energy level. 

When I came home, I passed out. Maybe I'll enjoy my sausage and veggies tomorrow...

On to tomorrow...

No comments: