Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 8: Paleo Project

Today marks a week of the paleo project! So this morning I was immediately faced with a dreaded task...I had to weigh myself again to mark the progress of the experiment. I don't really feel or look any different, so I was expecting the scale to say 128 again, or maybe 126 if I lost anything at all. However, I was surprised and did a double take as I read "121" next to my toes. Honestly, I got a little freaked out and had to weigh myself three more times. Yeulp, same 121. 

I guess your body takes the nutrients and burns them, and maybe moves on to stored fat to burn? I have done some more research and have purchased some literature on paleo on Amazon, waiting for them to come in! 

So today I worked brunch at work, so my brunch meal was 3 apples and 1 cup of almond butter that I snacked on between 10 am and 2 pm. Busy days don't really allow me to have elaborate meals, but that's okay. 

To treat myself for dinner, I decided to make baked chicken breast basted with my new favorite--Chiavetta's dressing! I steamed some broccoli, squash and carrots as well to add some more veggies to my day. I snapped a quick picture to tease you:

On to tomorrow...

No comments: