After talking to friends and family, I have decided to cut the project short. It would be foolish of me to be on vacation for a week and limit what I'm allowed to eat. Honestly, I really decided this so I can enjoy a piece of the wedding cake! Haha I'm only halfway kidding.
Why I really decided it was okay to cut it short is because I have already found the answers to my questions for the project. Yes, I hosted an efficient experiment.
Here's some notes on my findings about eating Paleo:
- lose weight
- intense hunger cravings at beginning
- personally had to eat more often
- more expensive to buy food
- feel healthy, feel good
- more energized! no caffeine and didn't miss it (after headache went away on the 4th day of the experiment. oh detox...)
- my hair fell out less (in shower, when brushing)
- personally bruise less (I used to bruise wicked easy, but I got hit with a hockey puck and it didn't bruise immediately like it normally would have. unexpected)
Today is day three of not officially doing the experiment, and I have noticed my eating choices have changed. For example, I went to Jims Steakout in Buffalo with the boyfriend and instead of getting a greasy sub like I did the last time I was there, I chose to get a salad. Not because I felt like I should, but because that's what I was craving. Eating Paleo for a couple weeks altered my preferences, and I think I'm a little healthier for it. Overall, I consider the experiment a success.
Now on to tomorrow...who knows how this experiment will further change my perspective on life and eating...