Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Paleo Project Recap

On August 20th I flew to Buffalo, New York for a week of vacation! Sorta. Still complete with a daily itinerary for my boyfriend's best friend's wedding. What a mouthful. A week outside of Charlotte is still nice. However, it does put a kink in my project plans. 

After talking to friends and family, I have decided to cut the project short. It would be foolish of me to be on vacation for a week and limit what I'm allowed to eat. Honestly, I really decided this so I can enjoy a piece of the wedding cake! Haha I'm only halfway kidding. 

Why I really decided it was okay to cut it short is because I have already found the answers to my questions for the project. Yes, I hosted an efficient experiment.  

Here's some notes on my findings about eating Paleo: 
  • lose weight
  • intense hunger cravings at beginning 
  • personally had to eat more often
  • more expensive to buy food
  • feel healthy, feel good
  • more energized! no caffeine and didn't miss it (after headache went away on the 4th day of the experiment. oh detox...)
  • my hair fell out less (in shower, when brushing)
  • personally bruise less (I used to bruise wicked easy, but I got hit with a hockey puck and it didn't bruise immediately like it normally would have. unexpected)
MY FINAL WEIGHT: 117. total loss of 11 pounds in two weeks during the experiment.   

Today is day three of not officially doing the experiment, and I have noticed my eating choices have changed. For example, I went to Jims Steakout in Buffalo with the boyfriend and instead of getting a greasy sub like I did the last time I was there, I chose to get a salad. Not because I felt like I should, but because that's what I was craving. Eating Paleo for a couple weeks altered my preferences, and I think I'm a little healthier for it. Overall, I consider the experiment a success. 

Now on to tomorrow...who knows how this experiment will further change my perspective on life and eating...

No comments: